Thursday, September 16, 2004

So much for contact lens

So, a month ago, I decided to go in for Contact Lenses to replace my spectacles... Actually I wanted to do this for a long time, but got the nod from the doc only in July.

Finally, after weeks of procrastination, I stepped in to an optician's store two days back.

For some wierd reason, that dude was hell bent on convincing me to go for ordinary soft contact lenses, when I was more interested in Torrik or semi-soft, because I have significant cylindrical power in my prescription. After arguing it out with him for nearly an hour, I agreed with his proposal of getting a trial pair of ordinary soft-lens for a week.

Within a day of wearing those lenses, I was convinced that my original conviction was right, and those lenses would not work for me, and I would have to get Torrik lenses.

I mentioned this problem to Joe, but he didn't really count this one as a disaster. He said that its pretty common for people to have some problems before they can find the right pair of lenses.

It would seem that being the disaster zone, I had to convert this into a disaster somehow...

So anyways, I decided that I would use this pair of lens to get comfortable with the procedure of wearing and removing the lens, so last night after going home, I decided to try them on a couple of times.

On my second attempt, I dropped the right eye-lens. Strangely, this time (yes it had happened a couple of times before as well) I couldn't find it at all!!

I spent around an hour looking high and low for the lens, but just couldn't find them. Its unbelieveable how that lens could have simply vanished from the face of the earth like that, but it just happened. Actually it might not be so unbelievable when you consider that it happened to me..

So, I now have only one lens. God knows what I should do with it. But anyways, I'm definitely not going for ordinary lenses next time. I guess I should practise little bit with the one lens that I have, before moving on to the more expensive Torrik lens...

Small things like the fact that I spilled 'Real Mango Nectar' on my desk don't even deserve a mention nowadays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just hope that this blog doen't turn out to be a disaster - Vinay ;)

brilliantnut said...

Well, don't be too surprised if it doesn't!! Its not for nothing that this place is called the Disaster Area..

pradyot said...

No more disasters to report? Strange...