Thursday, October 28, 2004

The bike strikes back

Finally at 5 am last night.. er.. today morning.. I had resolved all issues and left with Shailendra and Vandana, for home.

As soon as I started riding out on my bike, I realized that something was wrong.. And when I looked back, my suspicions were confirmed.. I HAD A FLAT TYRE!

How it happenned was a great mystery, because it was fine when I had reached office in the morning. It was probably my bike's way of repaying me for all the torture that I put it through by riding on the Bannerghatta Road(?) on the way from and to home.

I rode it for a while, in hopes of getting some place open. (It was five am so this was stupid!, but if you have been awake till five am, then sometimes its ok. to be stupid... ) Finally I parked off the bike at some petrol pump and started to walk towards home (only because there were no autos in the vicinity..). Just as I was contemplating my deplorable condition after the 6 km walk to home, I spotted an auto coming towards me, and caught it promptly.

The fact that I had to skip lunch because I was getting my bike fixed is only a sideline. Ofcourse, since its not the first time I'm skipping a major meal in the last few days, this does not count as a major disaster.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, we need a relief centre dedicated only for you! Ha ha.

- Swaroop
www.g2swaroop.net

Anonymous said...

huh well wat can i say after reading all that except for gossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

huh well wat can i say after reading all that except for gossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gayatri

Anonymous said...

huh well wat can i say after reading all that except for gossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gayatri

M said...

No doubt, your bike is expressing its dissent for subjecting it to Bannerghatta Road. That road is pain incarnate for any vehicle!

I think Bangalore plans to make Bannerghatta Road, its official Cross Country Rallying Track.