Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Disastourous Update

Long time no disasters?? Or more like, long time no disasters reported!!!

I guess an update here is long pending.. But adding a separate post for each disaster is overkill..

So, I'll just list out the most notable disasters so that we are back on track and I can get back to periodic reporting.

(1) Crashed Mrinal's car:

Poor Mrinal :( . He developed some sort of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, or something, which basically rendered his wrist useless due to pain. Since he was on his dad's Fiat Uno, which basically steers as easily as a truck, I offerred to drive for him.... Barely had we come out of the new office building, that an auto sverved and hit the front of the car.. Sahana was around and handled the situation, and one of the turn signal indicators of the Uno was damaged.. I want to get them fixed but mrinal doesn't seem to be interested in that... :(

(2) Jinxed journey:

It seems that my journey to meet my parents in Lucknow is jinxed. There hasn't been a single occasion when I have completed the journey from Bangalore - Lucknow - Bangalore easily and without any glitches..

Like this time (yup I was on vacation recently), I was determined to have a comfortable and flexible journey. So I booked flight tickets for Bangalore - Delhi, Delhi - Lucknow, Delhi - Bangalore, left out the Lucknow - Delhi tickets for flexibility.

After reaching Lucknow, I got train tickets for the most ideal train which would give a 6 hour window in Delhi, having enough margin for the possibility of the train getting delayed.

On reaching Lucknow station at 5 am (yes thats when the train was scheduled to leave..) I found that the train had not yet arrived from Delhi. The right time for it to have arrived was the previous night, 10 pm and it was late by over 8 hrs. Also, it would take about 4 hours to depart once it had actually arrived, which means that my 6 hr window was basically worthless.

I tried to get a bus to Delhi, but apparently there is only one a/c bus, and that too leaving at night, which meant that option was meaningless again.

Ofcourse, I finally did get to Delhi (took a flight, the most expensive option), but it just goes to show that basically trying to plan life is meaningless...

No comments: